The information on this page refers to products sold on My Backyard Decor.
There are some products that direct you to Amazon.com for purchase. The sellers on Amazon control the shipping/return policies and payments are controlled by Amazon. Questions about those products should be directed to the Amazon seller.
My Backyard Decor gift cards are only valid for MBD products and not Amazon products.
Click on a question to reveal the answer
When will I receive my order?
- Type of Product - some products ship from the warehouse in a day or two while others are made to order and can take a week to ship out. Please check the product description for the time to ship. Furniture takes longer in transit as it usually ships via freight truck.
- Order Day - Orders placed Friday noon to Sunday or holidays do not go into production/shipping until the next business day.
- Distance - We ship from various US locations (Indiana, Texas, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Oklahoma, Georgia). Your distance from the shipping warehouse will affect the time in transit.
It depends on the type of product, when you place your order and the distance between you and the warehouse. If you have a deadline, please check with us prior to placing your order.
Supply chain and heavy demand times -- We are currently experiencing abnormal shipping delays at some manufacturers. Please refer to the product detail page or our Shipping Update page for further shipping information.
What if I don't receive my product?
All shipments have tracking information, so you will have access to the status of your shipment. As a convenience to you, we don't require delivery signatures except for freight deliveries of furniture.
If tracking indicates that your package has been delivered, please ask neighbors, building managers, or others that may have received the package first. If you still cannot find the package, please call or email us and we will file a claim with the manufacturer or carrier. This process will take several days and the carrier may need to contact you.
Do you have White Glove Delivery?
The type of delivery called "White Glove" is for delivery of heavy furniture into your home. Currently none of the furniture available allows for this type of delivery.
What payment methods do you offer?
- All major credit cards
- Shop Pay & Shop Pay Installments
- Apple Pay
- Afterpay Installments
- My Backyard Decor gift cards
Do you offer a payment plan?
Yes. We have partnered with Shop Pay and Afterpay to offer payment plans. Click Here for more information about these plans.
Why does my credit card say "pending"?
When you place an order, our secure payment system authorizes your method of payment. We have a limited amount of time to actually "capture" the payment.
Typically we capture the payment on the day of shipment. However we may capture the payment a few days early if shipment takes longer than 5 days (i.e. custom products).
If an order is cancelled before the payment is captured, you may continue to see the pending payment on your credit card for a few days. When it finally falls off your account is controlled by your credit card company.
Why was I charged before my item shipped?
Under normal circumstances, your method of payment will not be captured prior to your item being shipped.
However during times of heavy demand (or pandemics), there will be shipping delays. If the delay is longer than 5 days from order date we must capture the payment before the 7th day or the order will be voided.
We appreciate your patience during those times.
What is the procedure for damaged products?
- Notify us within 5 days either by phone or email
- Most of our manufacturers will want a photo of the damage so please go ahead and email that photo. It will save time getting the problem resolved.
- We will provide return shipping instructions if the manufacturer wants the item(s) returned.
- Returns should include all packaging, parts and instructions.
Can I return my order if I change my mind?
- Notify us within 5 days either by phone or email.
- The item has not been used.
- We will provide return instructions. Do not return the item to the manufacturer unless instructed to do so.
- Ship via a carrier which provides tracking information and provide us the tracking number.
- You must return the item with all packaging, parts and instructions in sellable condition.
- After we receive the item according to the instructions above we will issue a credit to your original method of payment less shipping if we provided the label or freight pickup.
Most items can be returned unless they are custom made (i.e. Jordan cushions). See product description to find out if the product is custom.
How do I send photos?
You can upload photos on the Customer Support page here.
You can also email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I cancel or edit my order after it is placed?
You have a short period of time to edit or cancel your order depending on the product. You can cancel or edit the order through the link in your confirmation email or by notifying us by email or phone.
If the product has already shipped, you'll need to follow the Return/Refund instructions for changing your mind.
Using Gift Cards
How do I redeem a gift card?
Simply enter its unique code at checkout. The code isn't case sensitive. If your purchase cost exceeds the value of the gift card, you will be prompted to enter an additional form of payment for the difference. If the value of the gift card is less, you will have a balance to use for another purchase.
Can a gift card be used more than once?
Yes, provided there is still a balance remaining on the card.
Can more than one gift card be used towards a purchase?
Yes. You can redeem more than one gift card during checkout.
How do I check my gift card balance?
At this time, you cannot check your own balance. Please email email@example.com with the last four digits of your card code and the purchaser's name. We will send your balance right away.
Can a gift card be used to pay for sales tax?
Yes, gift cards are applied to the final order total which includes sales tax if applicable.
Can gift cards be used together with a discount code?
Yes, gift cards are a form of payment.
Can gift cards be reloaded?
No, you can't reload a gift card. You would need to purchase a new card.
Purchasing Gift Cards
How do I send the gift card to someone else?
We will email you the digital card. You can then forward that email to the other person or print the email to give them.
Can a gift card be used to buy a gift card?
No, you can't use a gift card to buy another gift card.
Can I specify my own amount for the gift card?
At this time you can only purchase in amounts listed. You can either purchase multiple cards to get the amount you need or let us know the amount you want and we can produce a special card for you.